In honor of International Plasma Awareness Week!
Many of you have probably never given blood donation much thought….
And if you haven’t….let me help put the importance of it into perspective for you:
If that isn’t enough….let me give you 56 reasons to get out there and give blood:
- 4.5 million Americans would die each year without life saving blood transfusions.
- Approximately 32,000 pints of blood are used each day in the United States.
- Every three seconds someone needs blood.
- One out of every 10 people entering a hospital needs blood.
- Just one pint of donated blood can help save as many as three people’s lives.
- The average adult has 10 pints of blood in his or her body.
- One unit of blood is roughly the equivalent of one pint.
- Blood makes up about 7% of your body’s weight.
- A newborn baby has about one cup of blood in his or her body.
- The average…
View original post 967 more words